The impact of robotics on supply chain
Thinking of robotics might have made you imagine some movies or fiction stories. However, it has become the reality of the present. Robotics has gained significant popularity in the supply chain domain over the last decade. If we go according to studies and reports, robotics and AI will acquire a pivotal role in the supply chain over the next few years.
With companies widely implementing artificial intelligence and robotics in their supply chain processes, the time is not far when the majority of processes will be handled automatically. The wave of technological revolution has brought along a desperate need for involving robotics in several business processes let alone the supply chain.
Talking of the impact of robotics on the supply chain, every coin has two sides. Likewise, robotics will come along with positive and negative aspects for businesses as well as individuals. Moreover, businesses and professionals are constantly coping with the power and uses of automation. The impact of robotics can be studied as follows:
- Integration of robotics in the workplace will ensure a safer work environment. High-risk jobs can be executed by robots with little or no human supervision. This will pave the way for the simultaneous functioning of humans and machines in the workplace.
- AI and robots can work independently along with managing several tasks at a time. Moreover, it will reduce organizational cost over time as the technologies are becoming affordable day by day.
- Robotics will greatly lead to better revenues for the organizations. By increasing production rates and delivery speed, the supply chain industry can expect faster processes. This will also result in customer satisfaction, in turn, being beneficial for companies.
- Apart from organizations, professionals and employees will also attain a share of benefits through robotics integration. Robotics helps in high-quality results and better production rates. Human efforts along with robotics can create better results for the consumers as well.
- A significant reduction in work errors is the finest impact robotics will bring along. Less error means less wastage or rework. This will save resources, efforts and associated risks for the organization as well as the employees.
Despite several advantages, people are constantly worried about robots replacing their human counterparts in the workplace. However, when the seamless integration of the two would take place, it will be easier to integrate robotics in the supply chain while working along with humans. Robotics integration will result in more economic activity which will ultimately lead to job creation. This pattern has been demonstrated repeatedly. Therefore, considering the impact of robotics synonymous with loss of employment is unfair.
The functioning can take place side by side without posing a major threat or impact on jobs in the supply chain industry. It is best to leverage the best of technology and make the processes match the pace of this competitive scenario. Robotics will bring with it several positive effects which will make the future of the supply chain bright.
Watch our latest episode of SCM Talk Show on KnoWerX Youtube channel &
Subscribe for more updates.
SCM Talk Show Episode 2 – SCM Challenges in Indian Air Force
Watch Here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8egMH5yvxM
Tags – SCM training, Apics Certification, Supply Chain Management Courses, supply chain