Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
Why do you need to earn the APICS CSCP Designation?
The CSCP program helps you demonstrate your knowledge and organizational skills for developing more streamlined operations. Since its launch in 2006, more than 20,000 professionals in 82 countries have earned the CSCP designation.
- Increase your salary – on average designees see a 12% increase
- Improve your hiring potential by 65%
- Maximize your organization’s ERP investments
- Effectively manage global end-to-end supply chain activities
- Understand how to increase customer satisfaction
- Increase your professional value and secure your future
- Increased possibility of getting a job in USA, Europe
- an industry expert with specialized, high-level knowledge and skills
The APICS CSCP Program/Designation?
- Is the most widely recognized educational program for operations and supply chain management professionals around the globe
- Is a designation that is sought by thousands of employers and recruiters
- provides you with a mastery of supply chain management best practices and distinguishes you as an industry expert with specialized, high-level knowledge and skills
APICS CSCP education is essential for?
- Interested in increasing your knowledge and expertise in the field of global supply chain management, specifically in the areas of customer relations, international trade, information technology enablement, and physical logistics
- Consulting or facilitating supply chain functions or working with ERP systems
- Creating a common standard of understanding, vocabulary, resources, and frameworks within your company to address your supply chain challenges and opportunities.
“CSCP is a world-wide recognized and accepted certification adding a lot of value to the careers of people who clear this exam. It really has helped me a lot in my career and I personally feel that CSCP definitely separates the best from the rest.”
- PandurangBugadikatti, CPIM, CSCP
(Mr. PandurangBugadikatti is a B.E. in Industrial Production from Gogte Institute of Technology, Belgaum and has 9 years of experience in SCM domain. Currently he is working as Senior Engineer – Quality Assurance in Oracle Value Chain Planning Team.)
“CSCP helped me to understand overall global nature of supply chain and intricacies of such global operations – at operations level. It helps me to prioritize different action items and gain better efficiencies and effectiveness of operations.”
- Shashank Tilak, CPIM, CSCP, PLS
(Mr. Shashank Tilak is a B. Tech. from I.I.T. Bombay and G.I.I.I.E. from I.I.I.E. Mumbai. He has more than three decades of experience in project management, application development, etc. Currently he is a consultant and a trainer.)
“APICS has given my career a guiding thrust that it probably lacked. Having worked in the supply chain domain at Hero Honda Motors my knowledge of the field was limited. APICS has changed my professional life for better and forever.”
- ManavVirdi, CPIM, CSCP
(Mr. ManavVirdi is a B.Tech. from NIT, Hamirpur and MBA Operations from SIOM, Nasik. Currently he is a consultant with the Operations Advisory group, PriceWaterhouseCoopers.)
“CSCP body of knowledge gave me in depth knowledge of supply chain best practices. I have observed sharp increase in my knowledge level and confidence level. When I talk to my customers or working on some solution design, I feel the marked difference in my approach and knowledge. Going for CSCP test is one of the best decisions I have made in my career.”
- Arindam Sen, CSCP
(Mr. Arindam Sen has a master’s degree in engineering from Jadavpur University. He headed the Oracle EBS Practice and was Project Director – Emerging Vertical at Hexaware Technologies Ltd., Mumbai. Currently, he is heading VSOM Group at HCL Technologies Ltd., Bengaluru.)
“APICS certification has given me opportunity to understand the overall supply chain with contemporary terminology used to describe its parameters. It has created a solid foundation for my consulting career and given me recognition as a Supply Chain Consultant.”
- Suman Kumar, CPIM, CSCP
(Mr. Suman Kumar has done his master’s in business management from S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai. Currently, he is a Manufacturing Consultant at McKinsey & Company, Inc., Mumbai.)
“… CSCP is recognized worldwide and carries high value in all consulting, FMCG and IT firms … this certification helped me in two ways … one, certification gave me end to end view of supply chain right from functional perspective to technologies used … second, it gave me edge during campus placements to get desired job profile …”
- AvdhutHirave, CSCP
(Mr. AvdhutHirave was pursuing his master’s in business management in 2007-2009 at the S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai. Currently, he is working as Senior BPM Consultant at Wipro Consulting Services, Pune.)
The new APICS CSCP exam consists of three important modules. The exam reflects critical changes in the marketplace and in the evolving roles and responsibilities of operations and supply chain managers. The SINGLE exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions. Candidates will have 3.5 hours to complete the exam. To earn the CSCP certification, you must master each of the following:
MODULE 1 – Supply Chain Design
- Develop the Supply Chain Strategy
- Design the Supply Chain
MODULE 2 – Supply Chain Planning and Execution
- Procure and Deliver Goods and Services
- Manage the Relationship with Supply Chain Partners
- Manage Reverse Logistics
MODULE 3 – Supply Chain Improvements and Best Practices
- Comply with Standards, Regulations, and Sustainable Best Practices
- Manage Risk in the Supply Chain
- Measure, Analyze, and Improve the Supply Chain
To earn your APICS CSCP designation, you must pass ONE comprehensive exam. Prior to taking the exam, you must be eligible. Eligibility applications must be received two weeks prior to the day you register for the exams. To be eligible for the APICS CSCP designation, you must have:
- 3 years of related business experience or
- Bachelor’s degree or the international equivalent*, or
- CPIM, CFPIM, CIRM, SCOR-P, C.P.M., CSM or CPSM designations
Test Format and Number of Questions on the Exam
APICS CSCP exam, consist of 150 multiple-choice questions. You should answer all exam questions. Please be informed that there is no penalty for choosing a wrong answer (i.e., there are no negative marks). Take the CSCP Sample Test now.
You will be given three and half (3.5) hours to complete the exam.
Exam content is developed according to the test outline included in the APICS CSCP Exam Content Manual 4.0 and is industry-validated by global subject matter experts. Exam questions are monitored through a rigorous psychometric calibration and cross-referenced to industry-approved source material.
The APICS CSCP score range is from 265 to 350. A score of 300 or higher is required to pass the exam. Fail = 265–299 Pass = 300–350
Exams are administered via computer-based testing (CBT) through the Pearson VUE (http://www.pearsonvue.com) network of test centres. You can purchase and schedule an exam anytime during the whole year. It is best to purchase and schedule an exam as early as possible as seats are limited and exam slots are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. On http://www.apics.org, you may be encouraged to purchase the ATT on the APICS website online. Please DO NOT BUY ATT on APICS website, else you may miss the 5% discount on exam fee offered by KnoWerX and you may end up paying approx. ₹2.50 more on the exchange rate as charged by all credit cards. Once you pay on APICS website, no refund or any kind of support is possible from KnoWerX.
How you can prepare for your exams. There are several ways to prepare for the CSCP exams. You may choose as per your convenience.
The APICS CSCP Learning System is a comprehensive professional development and exam preparation program consisting of three print modules and web-based study tools that reflect the entire APICS CSCP Exam Content Manual (ECM) and provide you with a broad view of global, end-to-end supply chain management.
The APICS CSCP Learning System
- is enhanced to support the recent structural and content changes within APICS CSCP exam
- will further empower you with an understanding of best practices, techniques, and technologies necessary to maximize your organization’s efficiency and impact the bottom line
- is offered in three learning options—self-directed, instructor-led, or corporate group.
- Instructor Led Classroom Review Courses
APICS has also designed “Review Courses” that can be taught either in a style of class-room training, or a public workshop, or in an online model using asynchronous / synchronous e-learning methodology.
- KnoWerX CSCP Review Courses: Take advantage of 6-day review classes in your organisation and learn valuable techniques to become a leader in your field. Experienced instructors lead you through interactive discussions, case studies, and strategic problem-solving exercises to help you prepare for your next certification exam. Please Click here for details or call on +91 77389 26464 for details You can also drop a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your requirements.
- KnoWerX Public Workshops: Accelerated CSCP review workshops are offered to the public. During this five-day class, an instructor leads you through interactive discussions about the material to help you prepare for the APICS CSCP exam. The workshops are conducted for a minimum batch size of 10 participants. Please Click here for details or call on +91 77389 26464 for details You can also drop a mail on email@example.com mentioning your requirements.
- Online Training Courses
Online training course along with mock test and practice question is coming soon. Look out for this space for updates. For more help on ways to prepare, please download the CSCP Information Booklet and see the exam preparation section. Read APICS certification test-taking tips APICS CSCP exam preparation materials APICS CSCP exam content manual previews APICS CSCP Learning System Take the APICS CSCP Learning System Free Demo today
This is your summary of certification maintenance requirements:
- Abide by the APICS Code of Ethics
- You must earn a total of 75 maintenance points and apply for maintenance every 5 years.
- Professional development points may be earned in the following areas:
- Continuing education
- Presentations, publications, and educational development
- Service to the operations management profession
- Professional membership
- If you fail to maintain your certification within 5 years, your credentials will be suspended.
- With each additional year of suspension you will be required to submit more professional development points in order for your certification to be reinstated. (15 additional points per year are required for APICS CSCP designation.)
- If you do not maintain within 5 years of suspended credentials, your certification will be terminated and you will be required to retake your exam.
Before taking an exam, you agree to:
- Maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct;
- Not misrepresent your qualifications, experience, or education to APICS or others you serve in a professional capacity;
- Respect and not violate the United States Copyright of all APICS materials, including but not limited to courseware, magazine articles and other APICS publications, APICS conference presentations, and CPIM and CSCP examination resources. In this same spirit, you must not violate the copyright of other organizations and individuals in your professional capacity;
- Not engage in or sanction any exploitation of one’s membership, company, or profession;
- Encourage and cooperate in the interchange of knowledge and techniques for the mutual benefit of the profession;
- In your professional capacity, respect the fundamental rights and dignity of all individuals. You must demonstrate sensitivity to cultural, individual, and role differences, including those due to age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socio-economic status;
- In your professional capacity, not engage in behavior that is harassing or demeaning to others based on factors including, but not limited to, age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, or socio-economic status;
- Adhere to this Code of Conduct and its application to your professional work. Lack of awareness or misunderstanding of an ethical standard is not itself a defense to a charge of unethical conduct;
- Contact the Ethics Committee when uncertain whether a particular situation or course of action violates the Code of Conduct; and
- Not to become the subject of public disrepute, contempt, or scandal that affects your image or goodwill.
Failure to abide by APICS Code of Ethics policy may result in sanctions up to and including decertification.