The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is known as the premier certification for internal supply chain business operations.
New, streamlined CPIM program to better serve the needs of the supply chain workforce – while maintaining the body of knowledge and integrity that has kept CPIM at the forefront of supply chain education.
Why You Need to Earn the APICS CPIM Designation
Thousands of employers worldwide look for the CPIM designation when making critical hiring decisions. These companies know that CPIM designees have the proven knowledge and skills to strategically streamline operations. Are you ready to distinguish yourself in supply chain management?
- Increase your salary – on average designees see a 12% increase
- Improve your hiring potential by 65%
- Maximize ROI on the systems and technologies
- Reduce your organization’s costs
- Provide more value to your organization
- Understand how to increase customer satisfaction
- Build your credibility and set yourself apart from peers
- Increased possibility of getting job in USA, Europe
APICS CPIM education is essential if you are involved in or would like to be involved in:
- Production and inventory management
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Supply chain management
- Materials management, Scheduling, Capacity Planning
- Demand Management
- Quality Control, Performance Measurement, Continuous Improvement
Take the next step toward earning your CPIM designation! Candidates must pass two exams in order to become certified. By taking and passing the exams you demonstrate your commitment to your career and mastery of knowledge within a company’s global production and inventory activities.
Two exams consists of five modules that reflects critical areas in production and inventory management.
CPIM Part – 1 Exam
- Entry Module
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
CPIM Part – 2 Exam
- Core Competency Modules
- Master Planning of Resources
- Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Execution and Control of Operations
- Capstone Module
- Strategic Management of Resources
Or purchase the full CPIM Exam Content Manual for INR 2300 here.
Both APICS CPIM exams consist of 150 multiple-choice questions. You should answer all exam questions. Please be informed that there is no penalty for choosing a wrong answer (i.e., there are no negative marks).
Take the CPIM Sample Test now.
You will be given three and half (3.5) hours to complete the exam.
The APICS CPIM score range is from 265 to 330. A score of 300 or higher is required to pass the exam.
Fail = 265–299
Pass = 300–330
Exams are administered via computer-based testing (CBT) through the Pearson VUE (http://www.pearsonvue.com) network of test centres.
You can purchase and schedule an exam anytime during the whole year, except Sundays and Public Holidays. It is best to purchase and schedule.
On http://www.apics.org, you may be encouraged to purchase the ATT on the APICS website online. Please DO NOT BUY ATT on APICS website, else you may miss the 5% discount on exam fee offered by KnoWerX and you may end up paying approx. ₹2.50 more on the exchange rate as charged by all credit cards. Once you pay on APICS website, no refund or any kind of support is possible from KnoWerX.
How you can prepare for your exams.
There are several ways to prepare for the CPIM exams. You may choose as per your convenience.
Learn on your own anytime, day or night, to accommodate your demanding schedule. The APICS CPIM Part – 1 Learning System and APICS CPIM Part – 2 Learning System are comprehensive professional development and certification preparation program based on the APICS CPIM body of knowledge. The system provides reading materials and interactive web-based study tools. Click the link below to learn more and purchase CPIM Learning Systems
You can purchase the recommended books for APICS exam and prepare for the exam. Click Here to download the list of reference books. Once you register for CPIM exam module with KnoWerX Education, a detailed study plan will be shared with you.
Please Note:First check the availability in your company’s library or in your college or university library. Please be careful that you get only recommended editions/versions of the materials
- Instructor Led Classroom Review Courses
APICS has also designed “Review Courses” that can be taught either in a style of class-room training, or a public workshop, or in an online model using asynchronous / synchronous e-learning methodology.
- KnoWerX CPIM Review Courses: Take advantage of 5-day review classes in your organisation and learn valuable techniques to become a leader in your field. Experienced instructors lead you through interactive discussions, case studies, and strategic problem-solving exercises to help you prepare for your next certification exam. Please Click here for details or call on +91 77389 26464 for details You can also drop a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your requirements.
- KnoWerX Public Workshops: Accelerated CPIM review workshops are offered to the public. During this three-day class, an instructor leads you through interactive discussions about the material to help you prepare for the APICS CPIM exam. The workshops are conducted for a minimum batch size of 10 participants. Please Click here for details or call on +91 77389 26464 for details You can also drop a mail on email@example.com mentioning your requirements.
- Online Training Courses
Online training course along with mock test and practice question is coming soon. Look out for this space for updates.
For more help on ways to prepare, please download the CPIM Information Booklet and see the exam preparation section.
Summary of certification maintenance requirements:
- Abide by the APICS Code of Ethics
- You must earn a total of 75 professional development points every five years.
- If you fail to maintain your certification within 5 years, your credentials will be suspended.
- With each additional year of suspension you will be required to submit 15 additional points for APICS CPIM and 20 additional points for APICS CFPIM per year over the core 75 or 100 points for each year past your certification maintenance deadline to reinstate your credential.
- If you do not maintain within 5 years of suspended credentials, your certification will be terminated and you will be required to retake your exams.
Before taking an exam, you agree to:
- Maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct;
- Not misrepresent your qualifications, experience, or education to APICS or others you serve in a professional capacity;
- Respect and not violate the United States Copyright of all APICS materials, including but not limited to courseware, magazine articles and other APICS publications, APICS conference presentations, and CPIM and CSCP examination resources. In this same spirit, you must not violate the copyright of other organizations and individuals in your professional capacity;
- Not engage in or sanction any exploitation of one’s membership, company, or profession;
- Encourage and cooperate in the interchange of knowledge and techniques for the mutual benefit of the profession;
- In your professional capacity, respect the fundamental rights and dignity of all individuals. You must demonstrate sensitivity to cultural, individual, and role differences, including those due to age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socio-economic status;
- In your professional capacity, not engage in behavior that is harassing or demeaning to others based on factors including, but not limited to, age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, or socio-economic status;
- Adhere to this Code of Conduct and its application to your professional work. Lack of awareness or misunderstanding of an ethical standard is not itself a defense to a charge of unethical conduct;
- Contact the Ethics Committee when uncertain whether a particular situation or course of action violates the Code of Conduct; and
- Not to become the subject of public disrepute, contempt, or scandal that affects your image or goodwill.
Failure to abide by APICS Code of Ethics policy may result in sanctions up to and including decertification.