Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD)
Why Do You Need to Earn the APICS CLTD Designation?
CLTD program helps you demonstrate in-depth knowledge of a broad range of topics to set you apart from your colleagues — proving a high level of knowledge and skills. You’ll be a more valuable asset to your organization, keeping you and your organization more competitive in today’s global economy
- Gain recognition in the field as a logistics expert
- Build credibility and set yourself apart from peers
- Learn the latest trends in global supply chain logistics
- Impact your organization’s bottom line
- Demonstrate logistics mastery of knowledge
- Increased possibility of getting a job in USA, Europe
The APICS CLTD Program/Designation?
- Will set the standard for logistics certification
- Stand out from your peers, and demonstrate a commitment to advancing both your career and your company’s operations.
APICS CLTD education is essential for?
- Master the essential knowledge needed for the logistics, transportation and distribution industry
- Expand your outlook on the logistics field and enable you to bring new ideas to your organization
- Remain current with global logistics trends and developments
- Boost your confidence with recognition as a logistics expert
- Provide you with the tools you need to help reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction
The CLTD program consists of eight modules with an exam that reflects critical areas in logistics, transportation and distribution for the roles and responsibilities of logistics managers. The SINGLE exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions. Candidates will have 3.5 hours to complete the exam. To earn the CLTD certification, you must master each of the following:
- MODULE 1 Logistics and Supply Chain Overview
- MODULE 2 Capacity Planning and Demand Management
- MODULE 3 Order Management
- MODULE 4 Inventory and Warehouse Management
- MODULE 5 Transportation
- MODULE 6 Global Logistics Considerations
- MODULE 7 Logistics Network Design
- MODULE 8 Reverse Logistics and Sustainability
To earn your CLTD designation, you must pass ONE comprehensive exam. Prior to taking the exam, you must be eligible. Eligibility applications must be received two weeks prior to the day you register for the exams. To be eligible for the CLTD designation, you must have:
- 3 years of related business experience or
- Bachelor’s degree or the international equivalent*, or
- CLTD, CPIM, CFPIM, CIRM, SCOR-P, CTL, C.P.M., CSM or CPSM designations
Test Format and Number of Questions on the Exam
APICS CLTD exam, consist of 150 multiple-choice questions. You should answer all exam questions. Please be informed that there is no penalty for choosing a wrong answer (i.e., there are no negative marks). Take the CLTD Sample Test now.
You will be given three and half (3.5) hours to complete the exam.
Exam content is developed according to the test outline included in the APICS CLTD Exam Content Manual and is industry-validated by global subject matter experts. Exam questions are monitored through a rigorous psychometric calibration and cross-referenced to industry-approved source material.
The APICS CLTD score range is from 265 to 350. A score of 300 or higher is required to pass the exam. Fail = 265–299 Pass = 300–350
You can take the exam on any day throughout the year (except Sundays). Exams are administered via computer-based testing (CBT) through the Pearson VUE (http://www.pearsonvue.com) network of test centres. You can purchase and schedule an exam anytime during the whole year. It is best to purchase and schedule an exam as early as possible as seats are limited and exam slots are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. On http://www.apics.org, you may be encouraged to purchase the ATT on the APICS website online. Please DO NOT BUY ATT on APICS website, else you may miss the 5% discount on exam fee offered by KnoWerX and you may end up paying approx. ₹2.50 more on the exchange rate as charged by all credit cards. Once you pay on APICS website, no refund or any kind of support is possible from KnoWerX.
How you can prepare for your exams. There are several ways to prepare for the CLTD exams. You may choose as per your convenience.
The APICS CLTD Learning System is a comprehensive professional development and exam preparation program consisting of three print modules and web-based study tools that reflect the entire APICS CLTD Exam Content Manual (ECM) and provide you with a broad view of global, end-to-end supply chain management.
The APICS CLTD Learning System
- is enhanced to support the recent structural and content changes within APICS CLTD exam
- will further empower you with an understanding of best practices, techniques, and technologies necessary to maximize your organization’s efficiency and impact the bottom line
- is offered in three learning options—self-directed, instructor-led, or corporate group.
- Instructor Led Classroom Review Courses
APICS has also designed “Review Courses” that can be taught either in a style of class-room training, or a public workshop, or in an online model using asynchronous / synchronous e-learning methodology.
- KnoWerX CLTD Review Courses: Take advantage of 6-day review classes in your organisation and learn valuable techniques to become a leader in your field. Experienced instructors lead you through interactive discussions, case studies, and strategic problem-solving exercises to help you prepare for your next certification exam. Please Click here for details or call on +91 77389 26464 for details You can also drop a mail on email@example.com mentioning your requirements.
- KnoWerX Public Workshops: Accelerated CLTD review workshops are offered to the public. During this five-day class, an instructor leads you through interactive discussions about the material to help you prepare for the APICS CLTD exam. The workshops are conducted for a minimum batch size of 10 participants. Please Click here for details or call on +91 77389 26464 for details You can also drop a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your requirements.
- Online Training Courses
Online training course along with mock test and practice question is coming soon. Look out for this space for updates. For more help on ways to prepare, please download the CLTD Information Booklet and see the exam preparation section. Read APICS certification test-taking tips APICS CLTD exam preparation materials APICS CLTD exam content manual previews APICS CLTD Learning System Take the APICS CLTD Learning System Free Demo today
This is your summary of certification maintenance requirements:
- Abide by the APICS Code of Ethics
- You must earn a total of 75 maintenance points and apply for maintenance every 5 years.
- Professional development points may be earned in the following areas:
- Continuing education
- Presentations, publications, and educational development
- Service to the operations management profession
- Professional membership
- If you fail to maintain your certification within 5 years, your credentials will be suspended.
- With each additional year of suspension you will be required to submit more professional development points in order for your certification to be reinstated. (15 additional points per year are required for CLTD designation.)
- If you do not maintain within 5 years of suspended credentials, your certification will be terminated and you will be required to retake your exam.
Before taking an exam, you agree to:
- Maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct;
- Not misrepresent your qualifications, experience, or education to APICS or others you serve in a professional capacity;
- Respect and not violate the United States Copyright of all APICS materials, including but not limited to courseware, magazine articles and other APICS publications, APICS conference presentations, and CPIM, CSCP and CLTD examination resources. In this same spirit, you must not violate the copyright of other organizations and individuals in your professional capacity;
- Not engage in or sanction any exploitation of one’s membership, company, or profession;
- Encourage and cooperate in the interchange of knowledge and techniques for the mutual benefit of the profession;
- In your professional capacity, respect the fundamental rights and dignity of all individuals. You must demonstrate sensitivity to cultural, individual, and role differences, including those due to age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socio-economic status;
- In your professional capacity, not engage in behavior that is harassing or demeaning to others based on factors including, but not limited to, age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, or socio-economic status;
- Adhere to this Code of Conduct and its application to your professional work. Lack of awareness or misunderstanding of an ethical standard is not itself a defense to a charge of unethical conduct;
- Contact the Ethics Committee when uncertain whether a particular situation or course of action violates the Code of Conduct; and
- Not to become the subject of public disrepute, contempt, or scandal that affects your image or goodwill.
Failure to abide by APICS Code of Ethics policy may result in sanctions up to and including decertification.