In today’s complex marketplace, effective planning and performance metrics are critical for success. A successful S&OP process integrates financial, marketing and operational planning to create overarching strategic plans for the business. APICS provides forward looking programs that will prepare you to collaboratively participate in the S&OP process.
The APICS Principles of S&OP seminar provides managers and planners a comprehensive review of the principles and functions of S&OP. Attendees will participate in exercises and discussions on the elements of data collection, demand and supply planning, and conducting the pre- and executive S&OP meetings. The presenter will lead attendees through sales and marketing planning, resource requirements planning, distribution planning and more.
- Identify the necessary inputs needed for and the outputs from the S&OP process
- Calculate the data elements for the S&OP process
- Utilise the S&OP planning grid
- Translate what you have learned from the S&OP process into production & inventory
- Understand the impact that S&OP output has on the distribution plan
- Business heads for Operations
- Purchase or Procurement Managers
- Forecasting Manager
- Master Planners and Schedulers
- Demand Managers
- Supply Chain Management Consultants
- Sales/Marketing Managers
- Finance Managers and Heads
- Business Heads/Managers from Human Resources
- Business Heads/Managers from Information Technology
Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Define sales and operations planning (S&OP)
- S&OP in the MPC system
- S&OP detailed planning process
- Determine product families
- S&OP planning inputs
- Understand the S&OP grid
- Work with (MTS) and (MTO) S&OP grid
- Implement the monthly S&OP planning meeting
- Define the benefits of S&OP
Executing a S&OP level strategy
S&OP production resource planning
Aggregate Operations Planning
- Understand the sales and marketing planning processes
- Work with product life cycles and delivery network structures
- Calculate a S&OP product family forecast disaggregation
- Determine production planning strategies
- Calculate the financial impact of the production plan
- Define resource requirements planning
- Understand the inventory planning process
- Determine transportation, warehouse, and equipment and labor requirements
Financial decision – workforce costs
Financial decision – inventory costs
Financial decision – total costs
- S&OP supports and measures the progress of the entire organization in meeting the enterprise’s business plan.
- S&OP ensures that the strategic plans developed in the business plan are realistic and can be successfully executed before they are passed to tactical planning.
- S&OP enables the organization to successfully manage marketplace change. ‐ S&OP provides for the effective management of finished goods inventories and order backlog to support customer service.
- S&OP reporting mechanisms enable the S&OP planning teams to identify when actual performance has deviated from the plan.
- The S&OP process enables the entire management team to understand the challenges confronting the organization and to act upon them in proper priority or focus.
- Establishes operational plans consistent with the business plan
- Continually updates the production, financial, and sales plan
- Provides for cross-functional planning
- Establishes regular meetings with senior executives to resolve demand versus supply trade-offs
- Checks availability of resources to validate the production plan
- Increases teamwork and collaborative skills
The workshop duration will be 1 day.
The batch size will be limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +91 77389 26464