Principles of Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
Material requirements planning is a set of techniques that uses bill of material data, inventory data and the master production schedule to calculate requirements for materials. Time-phased MRP begins with the items listed on the master production schedule (MPS) and determines
- the quantity of all components and materials required to fabricate those items
- the date that the components and material are required.
Time-phased MRP is accomplished by exploding the bill of material, adjusting for inventory quantities on hand or on order, and offsetting the net requirements by the appropriate lead times. At KnoWerX Education Pvt Ltd, we offer training brought to your location, saving you travel costs and expanding training opportunities to include employees that would otherwise be unable to travel.
Our emphasis on improving your company’s Inventory Management, Demand Planning, Forecasting, and S&OP methods and processes will have an immediate impact on your company. KnoWerX senior educators will use their wealth of real-world experience to provide valuable education for empowering employees, uniting departments, gaining consensus, minimizing inventory and improving customer fulfillment & retention during any market condition. Plus, it is geared towards professionals of all levels!
Each individual will gain 8 points for CPIM, CSCP or CLTD certification maintenance.
Basics of MRP : This session will explore the basics of operating MRP Topics discussed include:
- Objectives and functions of MRP
- Inventory replenishment techniques and MRP
- Inputs to MRP
- The MRP grid
- Bills of material
- MRP calculations
- Outputs of MRP
Managing with MRP : This sessions continues the discussion on MRP with an in-depth review of the role and activities performed by the MRP planner. Topics discussed include:
- Exploding through multiple bill-of-material (BOM) levels
- Keeping demand and supply in balance over the planning horizon
- Releasing production and purchase orders
- Monitoring order statuses
- Identifying, negotiating and resolving conflicts
- Performance measurements used to determine the planner’s effectiveness in managing the demand and supply orders.
- Master schedulers
- Material planners
- Production planners
- Materials coordinators
- Middle management
A certification of participation is awarded by APICS after successful completion of this course. Each individual will gain 8 points for CPIM, CSCP or CLTD certification maintenance
Workshop Duration The workshop duration will be 1 day. Batch Size The batch size will be limited to a maximum of 20 participants. Other Workshops complementing Inventory Management
- APICS CPIM training & certification
- Principles of Manufacturing Management.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +91 77389 26464